Sunday 1 November 2009

Teacher

Through events I have read and discussed recently, they leads me to several noble quotes from William Arthur Ward about education and teacher:

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.”

Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you. Love me and I may be forced to love you"

Do more than belong: participate. Do more than care: help. Do more than believe: practice. Do more than be fair: be kind. Do more than forgive: forget. Do more than dream: work.

Four steps to achievement: Plan purposefully. Prepare prayerfully. Proceed positively. Pursue persistently.

"If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. If you can dream it, you can become it."

and they recall me, the human's duties as a chalip on earth:

"He it is who has placed you as caliph of the earth. And He has raised exalted some of you in rank above others, that He may try you by the test of that which He has given you. Surely your Lord is swift in prosecution , and He verily is Forgiving and Merciful"
Q.S. 6:156

a better live should be human responsibility to built and construct

"You are not here merely to make a living.
You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement.
You are here to enrich the world, and you impoverish yourself if you forget the errand"
by Thomas Woodrow Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment